Grace Full Creations Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storing Use Pins or Needles

2 posters

Go down

Storing Use Pins or Needles Empty Storing Use Pins or Needles

Post by Admin Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 am

We are always told not to put used or broken needles or pins in the trash "because someone might get hurt." Seeing the way my son empties the trash, I can see why. Even with tape wrapped around, there is the potential of danger. Some have suggested using empty film containers, but in the age of digital cameras, many of us do not have them lying around. But we can always use fresher breath. No, I am not speaking from experience or complaints from my kids, but those TicTac containers work very well to hold used needles. When it is full, tape it shut and be gone with it. Tell your spouse that he has a bad case of halitosis and hope that he gets TicTacs instead of Altoids. The Altoids container would take years to fill up and if your kids are like mine, they will not be able to resist the music quality of the pins hitting the metal.

Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : Quilting, Graphic Design, Taking care of my boys
Registration date : 2007-12-27

http://www.GFCQuilting.com

Back to top Go down

Storing Use Pins or Needles Empty Re: Storing Use Pins or Needles

Sandra Chavez of Albuquerque, NM wrote us about another container:"I found that an empty breath strip pocket Pals are the perfect container for used/broken needles. The tops close securely until you are ready to tape it up for disposal and they are very thin so they can be easily stored near the sewing machine or with your travel sewing supplies."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gwen Hammel, Glidden Sask. Canada wrote us about another container: "I use an empty my prescription medicine bottles to put my used and broken needles in. Just poke a hole with a needle into the lid of your container and it won't fall out and if you have the "child resistant" bottles that's even better! These little bottles hold a lot of broken needles and they are free!"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by janie9849 Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Thats a great idea! I always worry about putting them in the trash even though my kids are grown. Now I just have dogs at home.

janie9849

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down